Google+

Monday 11 February 2013

I am not a big fan of the horror supernatural genre although I am a part of it: Simran "Anamika" Kaur


Simran Kaur
Simran Kaur who essays the ‘Chudail’ in Sony Entertainment Television’s horror show Anamika is not perturbed with the not-so-great ratings of her serial. Says the actress, “You need to take into consideration the fact that we are airing at the highly competitive 8 PM slot which has a couple of biggies on rival channels. Also our story is yet to open and you have to see that in spite of it, we are getting good feedbacks from viewers. I also know for the fact that many people do not watch our show at 8 PM but tune in to the repeats. We are sure that all these people will start tuning in regularly once our main story opens up.”
Simran who has previously done Love Ne Mila Di Jodi and Na Aana Iss Des Laado is unhappy with the current content on TV. “I have already played a good bahu and a chirpy girl, hence I was not doing anything else till Anamika came into my lap.”
Having said this, she surprises us by saying, “I am not a big fan of the horror supernatural genre although I am a part of it. My sister is a big Twilight fan, but not me. I do not really want to consider whether super natural powers exist or not. I come from a very spiritual family and just know that God exists.”
On her basic nature, Simran goes on to tell us, “Although I am a today’s girl, I am unlike many typical Mumbai girls. I come from a very protected background. I had strict deadlines, and did not really enjoy life as a so-called typical Mumbai girl is supposed to have done.”
Simran, it is nice to see that you are enjoying the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment