Google+

Tuesday 19 February 2013

“I accepted this project for what it is and not for making it a launchpad for bigger movie projects” : Gautam Rode


Gautam Rode plays the lead character in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s debut show on television – sarawatichandra. We talk to this handsome hunk about his new role and the show.
Q.Do you think by playing the lead role in Saraswatichandra you will qualify easily in big ticket movies ?
A. I accepted this project for what it is and not for making it a launchpad for bigger movie projects, I never that thought process and I never work like that, I have never been so calculative !

Q. How was the experience working for such a big project with Sanjay leela bansali?
A. It is a big challenge it’s not like any other daily soaps where one will see the ‘rona dhona of saas bahu’, it is a love story and how Saraswatichandra meets his love and eventually how the two of them find it difficult to live without each other. I have just met Sanjayji twice, once while reading the script and one more time. But the best part is that he only speaks the way he imagines. He is very clear about what he wants. And I can say this basis my experience with him, whatever he had explained me about my character has shaped up exactly the same.
Q. How did you bag this opportunity?
A. The production house called me and asked to take the look test and told me all the story which I liked and then they called me on the set not on this set (film city whistling woods) but on a proper set where they clubbed me with the other co-stars, that’s how I bagged this opportunity. The audition happened last year.
Q. How did you prepare to play the character?
A. I did not do anything, they gave me the all the relevant material. Later I checked with them if I should read the novel or watch the movie but they strictly asked me not to do that! Since we are not depicting the character the way it has been written but ours will be a modern take on Saraswatichandra.

Q. How do you feel now that your show is being launched with so much pomp and fervor?
A. It feels great, yes the project did get delayed in launch but I’m relaxed now, I feel the pace(developments in his career) is just perfect. Right now I’m not thinking too much about the results or the TRPs since I have a responsibility to fulfill and right now I am only concentrating on the character I am playing. I am just working round the clock hopping from one set to another, yes the pressure will build up once the show goes on air and we start exhausting our bank of episodes.

Q. You had to stuggle a lot to be successful in films how will place your past in your career?
A. I feel I am a much better actor now, more confident. We all have our lessons to learn and I am also learning arther I would say I am a struggler, I came from Delhi, I took up some modelling projects in Delhi but I had never imagined that I will be acting in serials.  But some financial situations forced me to come to Mumbai and I stayed here for 6 months then returned back to appear for my first semester exams for C.S law and soon I realized it is not my cup of tea and again I thought of coming back Mumbai and do something different. I started my career by shooting one or two episodes for Rishtey and realized I can do this ! So that is how I started with my career in acting. I had to face many tough situations in the beginning since I wanted to be known as a film actor and not a tv actor ! I sincerely advise all the aspiring actors, though I am also a struggler that don’t live with any pre judgements, just concentrate on your skills and the right things will start falling in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment