Google+

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Kartik Tiwari and a Bengali girl are the leads in Kanchi: Confirms Subhash Ghai


Kartik Tiwari
Good things are happening to Kartik Tiwari on the eve of the release of his second feature film Akaash Vani. Subhash Ghai has finalized Kartik as the male lead of his new epic love story Kanchi.
A Bengali girl from Subhash Ghai’s acting school Whistling Woods has been finalized to play the title role.
Breaking the news to Moviechakkar Subhash Ghai who turns a year older on Thursday 24 January, said, “After nine months of hunt I have finalised the hero and heroine of my film Kanchi. The hero is Kartik Tiwari and a new girl from Bengal who is under training at Whistling Woods and Mukta Arts, plays the heroine. Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty play stellar roles in the film.”
Ghai is also very excited about the music of Kanchi. “I have recorded three songs by Ismail Darbar penned by Irshad Kamil. I am too excited about going on the sets in February. It is such a fabulous script with brilliant characters and great music.”
Kanchi will release during the same week when Ghai’s Karma was released in 1986.
Says the showman, “Kanchi will release on 15th August 2013. Just wait and watch.”
While details of the film’s plot are elusive one learns that Kanchi is akin to Raj Kapoor’s Ram Teri Ganga Maili. It’s an epic journey of a simple innocent girl into a world of corruption and heartbreak.
Kartik Tiwari sounded understandably excited by the big break. “Every newcomer dreams of working with Mr Subhash Ghai. I am two films old. My second filmAkaash Vani will release in two days. I am excited. And now to be a part of a film directed by Subhashji just makes the picture complete.”
Kartik added that it has taken him nearly two years to find his bearings in Bollywood.
“To be honest, there was no long line of producers at my door even after the good response to Pyaar Ka Panchnama. My director Luv Ranjan made sure I didn’t sign the wrong films. I could have easily done that since I’m not from the film industry and have no idea of the right and wrong moves. Because I held back I am today doing a Subhash Ghai film. I can’t wait to start Kanchi,” said the newbie who admits he’s single in spite of a huge fan-following among girls.
“I had a girlfriend. She left me when I became an actor. She couldn’t bear to see me romance another girl on screen. Hopefully after the release of Akaash Vani I’ll find a girl to romance for real.”

No comments:

Post a Comment