Google+

Wednesday 24 April 2013

I’m just going to be myself on the show Indian’s Dancing Superstar-Ritesh Deshmukh


As Riteish Deshmukh makes his television debut with Star Plus’ dance reality show ‘India’s Dancing Superstar’, we chat him up to find out what’s in store for us…

 
Q. So you’re the newest member of the small screen. How does it feel?
a. I would just like to take this moment to say that television is anything but small screen now. It’s small in terms of size but in its reach, it’s bottomless. This platform is great for me. I am in great dancing company. It’s been great so far. It feels nice.  
Q. How’s it being with Geeta and Ashley, your fellow judges?
a. It’s an hounour, really. Geeta and I go way back as I have worked with her too and of course, maa ke sath there’s lots of fun on sets. Ashley is the kadakone. We have a nickname for him also that you’d find out as you watch the show. The audience will be awestruck by Ashley’s Hindi too (laughs). It’s been great.
Q. What new will you bring to the pool of celebrity judges on dance shows?
a. I don’t know about new, I’m just going to be myself on the show, absorb the talent and just try and have a good time along the way. Personally, when I dance, I dance dil se and even here I’m looking for performers that connect with the audience. The show’s tagline is dil jeeto, desh tumhara, I would just like to say dil jeeto, deshmukh tumhara.
Q. Is there a new side of Riteish that the audience should expect to see?
a. See, at the judges’ panel, with Geeta and Ashley, the dancing and technicalities are covered. So I think, I on that judge’s seat, am going represent the viewers of the show. When the audience sits around the television at home and tunes in, then I want to be their voice. That voice doesn’t understand training or the details of dancing but wants to get entertained and wants the performers to connect with them.
Q. Have you found a difference in entertainment so far between television and film?
a. Just that I haven’t seen people who’re capable of such talent and entertainment in one take. With film, there’re retakes. We have the liberty of redoing what we didn’t feel was up to the mark. But reality TV doesn’t have that; you get your one take and you’ve to prove yourself in it and when these people do prove themselves, it’s brilliant.
Q. Okay. So an all-time favourite dance track?
a. (sings) “Mausam hai gaane kaa… gaane ka bajane ka… yeh jeewan yeh duniya sapna hai deewane ka”

No comments:

Post a Comment