Google+

Thursday 6 December 2012

My Race 2 character has been my toughest role till date: Jacqueline Fernandez


Jacqueline Fernandez
Sexy Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez is quite excited about her upcoming film Race 2, this being her third sequel in succession. Prior to this, she had acted in hit remakes such as Murder 2 and Housefull 2: The Dirty Dozen.
“I take them as any other movie. It really does not make a difference as to how I would approach my character, I just make the most of it. Having said that, it is great to be a part of something called a legacy for they have done so well. If you remake a hit movie, you are guaranteed to double your box office returns, ” she avers adding, “I have come in the industry at a time when sequels are doing the rounds. Apart from the above three projects, I have been offered five to six more, notable ones among them being Krrish 3 and Raaz 3D.”
Taking about Race 2 she says, “Race 2 is very slick, glamorous and has got a very rich backdrop. It’s an edgy thriller full of action. Since the film has betrayal as its theme, what do you feel about being stabbed in the back? It happens to all of us, but I believe in forgiving and forgetting. The latter happens by default. But, in my case, it’s because I have a short memory.”
Jacqueline is also loving her first ever negative character, “It was a challenge for director Abbas-Mustan told me to deal with every scene carefully as I have deep dark secret to hide. The best part of this film is that since every character is dark, it is like you are guilty till proven innocent.”
Race 2 also stars Deepika Padukone and Ameesha Patel. However, the actress has no issues doing a multi starrer. “I believe that each character has his or her own importance to the story. Like in this film Deepika and Ameesha are doing their own stuff while I am doing mine; so there is no need to feel insecured.”
Jacqueline, who began with a couple of dud films like Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Haiand Alladin earlier, was picked up by the Bhatt camp for Murder 2, observes, “Race 2 has been my toughest role till date unlike Houseful 2 (her biggest hit in terms of numbers) which was a walk in the park. “In this, I had to learn the lines and make sure that certain underlying messages are also given to the audience. This has been my toughest role till date.”
Finally, hoping that Race 2 also does very well, she quips, “I think the Rs 100 crore club is now passé. With some many films breaching this mark, it is high time we should now focus on the Rs 200 crore club.

No comments:

Post a Comment